This is a reminder that the R Shapefile Contest ends this Friday, July 29!
We already have four incredible entries:
- Kent Johnson looked at the Cambridge Outdoor Lighting Ordinance.
- James B. Elsner, Thomas H. Jagger, and Tyler Fricker studied the Long-Term View of Tornado Risk.
- Robby Powell explored Airport Effects on U.S. County Unemployment Rates
- Jonathan Carroll researched the Australian Federal Election of 2016
Here’s a gallery of images from the current submissions:
- Swipe left/right to see more
I encourage you to read all of the entries; there are links in the comments section of the contest page.
Even better, I’d love it if you submitted an entry yourself!
Yes, the winner will get a couple of prizes. But the main reasons to submit an entry, I think, are that going through the publication process will
- improve your skills
- draw attention to your work
There’s only 3 days left to submit an entry! Click here to learn more.
I might have an entry, but it’s in French and I don’t think I’l have time to translate it into English before Friday. Would it be admissible?
(the code and data are provided so one can deep into that if one wants. I could also just write a short summary in English?)